[Libtorrent-devel] libTorrent 0.4.3 released
Jari Petter Sundell
jaris at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri Nov 26 21:51:09 UTC 2004
It has been a month since the last release, it took longer than i
expected. The changes I wanted to make required rewritting and testing
alot of code and this release propably still has some bugs left in
it. Though it seems to work right atm. Note that the endgame mode is
not entirely complete so it might spend some time waiting for slow
peers to stall before requesting from someone else. This will be fixed
I was supposed to add a feature to get past NAT's, but that will have
to wait to the next release.
New in libTorrent 0.4.3:
* Rewrite of the code handling delegation of pieces to download. This
gives better handling for stalled pieces and properly handles
priorities of files. This is what i spendt most of the past month
working on, the code is cleaner and more efficient.
* Dynamic request pipe size. Should allow higher speeds between high
bandwidth, high latency peers.
* Allow the client to change the directory to download to. (Not
implemented in rtorrent)
* View peer stats with 'u' in the client.
* Replaced some of the direct calls between seperate classes with sigc
signals and slots. Cleaned up much of the code. Lot's of bugfixes and
stuff. It's just better, even though little is visible.
More information about the Libtorrent-devel