[Libtorrent-devel] libTorrent 0.6.7 and rTorrent 0.2.7 released

Jari Petter Sundell jaris at student.matnat.uio.no
Wed Jul 6 19:21:26 UTC 2005

* Added setting for randominzing the port to be opened, withing the port
range.

* Improved the throttling code, should be much better now.

* Fixed a nasty memory leak in PeerConnectionBase.

* The client now saves the started/stopped state of torrents.

* Added an OpenSSL exception to the license, and switched from Mozilla NSS
to OpenSSL SHA1 implementation.

* Enabled SocketManager, which keeps track of how many open sockets we are
using. The client will use sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) to determine how many
open sockets to allow.

* New chunks are requested sequentially from a peer, if possible.

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/libtorrent-0.6.7.tar.gz
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/rtorrent-0.2.7.tar.gz

Got a mail a few days ago from an anime fansub group that is using
libtorrent. With BitTornado they managed max 15MB/s upload, while now they
are uploading at 35-45MB/s. ;)

This release adds the framework nessesary to add different types of
PeerConnection objects. I'll propably add a specialization of a seeder
with the focus on bandwidth throughput. Once that is done i'll write
another object for normal downloading, which will eventually replace the
current one. This will avoid destabilizing the code unless you select the
new one.

Rakshasa

Nyaa?