[Libtorrent-devel] Are we shot with the safe_sync issue?

Goran gkoruga at siol.net
Mon Dec 25 19:15:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:30:08 +0100 (CET) jaris at student.matnat.uio.no wrote:

> It's not a "safe_sync" issue, it is merely one of the suggested ways of
> avoiding the problem. Which doesn't work for this particular kernel bug.
>
> So yeah, there's no other option than waiting for the kernel developers to
> fix it.

Probably old news for some, but I just noticed this today:

Linux: 2.6.20-rc2, Debugging Rtorrent Hash Failures

http://kerneltrap.org/node/7504

Of particular interest for some people might be this mail:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/12/18/56

It has a patch, and it apparently worked for the person who was seeing the
issue without it (check next mail in this thread from Andrei Popa).

        Goran