[Libtorrent-devel] partial rehashing

Jason random.numbers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 16:28:09 UTC 2006

I thought this would be a better place for this discussion than the
ticket.  Here's the ticket so far.  I still think being able to rehash
a particular file would be really handy, but some more input would be
nice.

It'd be great if I could select a file in the file list and hit ^R to
just rehash that file. It's a huge pain to rehash 40 gig worth of data
when I just had one file out of place.

12/24/2006 12:28:35 PM changed by rakshasa

    * status changed from new to closed.
    * resolution set to wontfix.

I don't see the point of this feature that an close/open won't do.

12/25/2006 04:22:49 AM changed by anonymous

    * status changed from closed to reopened.
    * resolution deleted.

When you say close/open do you mean ^k/^s? I tried that and it doesn't
seem to work. The files that I moved into place don't show up as
complete in the file list. Also, my previous case was a little
simplistic. What if I have a 40 gig torrent, of which I've downloaded
20 gig of, and I don't want to download any more, but I had a file out
of place? Then if it has to rehash everything that wasn't complete it
still has to hash 20 gig worth of stuff which is still a bunch.

12/25/2006 05:28:03 AM changed by rakshasa

    * status changed from reopened to closed.
    * resolution set to wontfix.

Forcing you to check the hash is a future, not a bug. If you are the
initial seeder then there's an external script for this.