[Libtorrent-devel] Request: Rebuild UI

Douglas Bollinger dcb at pa.net
Thu Jul 27 20:53:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:06:13 -0700
whistles <4whistles at gmail.com> wrote:

> A line at the bottom is a poor idea it just clutters up the interface for no
> good reason.
> Why not just run rtorrent in screen  ctrl-a-c  then wget
> http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentUserGuide?format=txt && less *txt
> then when you remember the keys you can delete it, easy simple and no need
> to waste Jari's time on trivial stuff :)

Good ole "man rtorrent" in a screen window is a good idea also. :)

I use rtorrent via ssh/screen on a remote computer and find it awesome.  It's
certainly much, much better than the multi-bittornado clients I was using
before.

The whole color discussion is tricky, because what looks good on the default
black Linux term will look lousy on a white-background term and vice-versa.
If anything, it would be nice if everything could fit into a normal 80x25
terminal display, but I think that's an impossible dream with the amount of
information the rtorrent client can display.

As it is now, rtorrent works fine.

--
It is very vulgar to talk like a dentist when one isn't a dentist.
It produces a false impression.