[Libtorrent-devel] Treat me gently I'm new!

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Thu Nov 9 02:33:15 UTC 2006

Hello there I am new to this list. I am _not_ a developer except of bad
bash scripts. However I couldn't find any -user mailing list or forum
for support with rtorrent so here I am :-)

I am running rtorrent-0.6.4/libtorrent-0.10.4 on freebsd. Great client, i
have previously used torrentflux on a headless box, but it tends to be a
bit resource hungry - I use older machines as file servers and run
bittorrent to get some of the files they serve. You have to be running
the latest version on some torrent sites, and freebsd is pretty quick
with their packaging efforts.

Anyway, something  I am curious about, what do all the letters mean on
the "transfer list" screen? I have read the user guide and understand
the "chunks seen" screen, but it doesn't say what all the seemingly
random letters mean on the transfer list section. I can basically see
whats happening, each letter represents a piece, it goes bold while
tranferring and it turns reverse video when that piece is done. But I
don't understand why all the pieces are a different letter of the
alphabet.

Thanks for any info on that.

Oh and is this the only "support" channel? I'd happily help manage a
forum if that was helpful or wanted.

Nick.