[Libtorrent-devel] "could not parse bencoded data"

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Tue Nov 28 21:35:30 UTC 2006

I can't load it either.

The error message I get with rtorrent 0.6.4 is:
  * Tracker: [Could not parse bencoded data]

...which means that the tracker sent data rtorrent couldn't
understand; this isn't necessarily the same as a bad torrent file,
i think; when you can't load the torrent file per se it gives you
a different error.

Upon brief inspection the torrent file looks reasonable.

The mainline client on OS X loads the torrent but doesn't start
downloading; either no seeders or it has a similar problem but
doesn't report it.