[Libtorrent-devel] Started getting strange error

Chris TenHarmsel epchris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 15:31:19 UTC 2006

Hi,
I've been using rtorrent for some time and just started getting a
strange error.  First some background.

I'm running OpenSuSE 10.0, kept up to date with smart
I built libtorrent and rtorrent from source, versions:
    * libtorrent-0.9.3.tar.gz
    * rtorrent-0.5.3.tar.gz

I recently got a new drive, 300GB that is formatted as ext3 in one
partition, this is where I download torrents to.

Here's the error I get, it's happens when I download a new torrent (as
opposed to continuing a torrent that I had before I switched drives
via the .rtorrent_session directory stuff).

Caught Segmentation fault, dumping stack:B] [Port: 6910]

[U 0/16] [S 8/76/768] [F 2/128]
0 rtorrent [0x8056c54]
1 rtorrent [0x806341c]
2 [0xffffe420]
3 rtorrent [0x8095c41]
4 rtorrent [0x808a50c]
5 rtorrent [0x805869f]
6 /lib/tls/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xd0) [0x403ecea0]
7 rtorrent(_ZN7torrent18set_max_open_filesEj+0xa9) [0x80511b1]

Any ideas what could be causing this?  I've since rebuilt from source
and I still get it.

Thanks,
Chris