[Libtorrent-devel] rtorrent doesn't download - no errors

Kia Niskavaara kia.niskavaara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:28:18 UTC 2007

Jari Sundell wrote:
> Kia Niskavaara wrote:
>> Did the handshake log provide any useful info?
>>
>> "Not BitTorrent protocol"
>> "Unknown download"
>> "Network error"
>
> Being on NSLU2, you should have provided some more information...
>
> Though it does sound to me like you've cross-compiled and not used the
> --enable-aligned flag, or something similar.
>
> Jari Sundell

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm a novice. This is what I did:

1) Installed Debian, http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

2) Followed these instructions to install rtorrent (as root),
http://tutorialninjas.net/2007/05/07/upgrade-rtorrent-to-074/

apt-get install build-essential libsigc++-2.0-dev pkg-config comerr-dev libcurl3-openssl-dev
libidn11-dev libkadm55 libkrb5-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev libncurses5 libncurses5-dev

wget http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/libtorrent-0.11.4.tar.gz
tar -xvf libtorrent-0.11.4.tar.gz
cd libtorrent-0.11.4
sudo ./configure
sudo make && sudo make install

wget http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/rtorrent-0.7.4.tar.gz
sudo tar xvf rtorrent-0.7.4.tar.gz
cd rtorrent-0.7.4
sudo ./configure
sudo make && sudo make install

Did I miss something? I'm not sure where to put the --enable-aligned flag.