[Libtorrent-devel] full allocation

=?utf-8?q?=C5=81ukasz_Fibinger?= lucke at o2.pl
Mon May 7 17:01:44 UTC 2007

On Sunday 06 of May 2007, you wrote:
> Łukasz Fibinger wrote:
> > It seems that allocating works okay, however hash check fscks things up
> > (zeroes the file, at least partially?). Do you perhaps have any idea why
> > it'd do that? I can't make out much from hash_*.cc.
> >
> > With hash check disabled, everything seems to function properly.
>
> I'd say that would be the part where allocation on XFS is fscked. Try
> asking on their ML, or google it.

I've managed to make ALLOCSP work (it zeroes all the blocks, thus takes a
while). posix_fallocate (does the same job as ALLOCSP, but on any
filesystem - is less effective on xfs than ALLOCSP, though) should work
without a problem too. I've noticed that the problem with RESVPS (it marks
the blocks as unwritten, thus is very fast) is that those blocks aren't
marked as written when written to. Perhaps it has to do with the direct way
rtorrent transfers from memory to file pages?

Cheers,

Luke