[Libtorrent-devel] initial seeder question

Daniel Ng kldan_ng at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 01:25:45 UTC 2007

Sorry, I don't know if I am supposed to use this list for usage questions.  However, I couldn't find a rtorrent forum that I can post questions.  Please refer me to the right place if I am wrong.

My question is about initial seeder.  I am an initial seeder of a 6GB torrent.  After seeding more than 24 hours, I already uploaded over 7GB.  However, I found that the leecher, who got most of the torrent , only got about 35-36% of the torrent.  When I look at the "chunks seen" page, I see leechers are missing a lot of the pieces.  I think the reason is I am seeding a lot of duplicated packages.  Is there any way to tell rtorrent that i am the initial seeder?  So that rtorrent would send unique packages as an initial seeder.

Thank you

Daniel