[Libtorrent-devel] LibTorrent 0.11.8 and rTorrent 0.7.8 released

Jari Sundell jaris at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri Sep 7 22:52:26 UTC 2007

* Several new commands for use with XMLRPC. See the SVN log for a
complete list.

* Fixed the wrong tracker requests being sent when finishing a torrent.

* Added Peer Exchange support, enable with the "peer_exchange=yes"
option. Patch by Josef Drexler.

* Don't skip the last line in rc files missing the final newline. Patch
by Jussi Judin.

* The torrent is no longer closed on finished for on_finished commands
as it did last release. Instead d.set_directory causes the download to
call close_directly to allow moving of finished torrents.

* Added "close_on_ratio".

* Allow commands to be appended to "{stop,close}_on_ratio", so you can
e.g. erase a torrent that has finished.

* Set "encryption=allow_incoming,prefer_plaintext,enable_retry" by default.

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/libtorrent-0.11.8.tar.gz
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/rtorrent-0.7.8.tar.gz

The peer exchange causes high CPU usage on my machine while it connects
to a large number of peers. This is not intended and I'll be looking to
fix this, so if anyone else experience the same problem I'll be
interested in some information.

Jari Sundell