[Libtorrent-devel] recovering files

RB Boehm rbboehm at artsmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 25 21:57:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Josef Drexler wrote:

> I think the easiest, and probably fastest solution would be to start another
> copy of rtorrent on your local system and download the file from your main
> rtorrent. Set the main rtorrent to ignore ratios first (shift-I), to prevent
> it from closing the download when reaching the ratio. Then just download the
> file from yourself; turn off the bandwidth limit to make this work at the
> full LAN speed.
>
> That should work, I think.

Josef,

I gave that a try, but am not advanced enough to make it work though. I first
tried rtorrent torrent. It began a download but did not see my files from
the already downloaded torrent being transferred over.

I tried rtorrent -b 127.0.0.1 torrent

then tried rtorrent -b 127.0.0.1 -i 127.0.0.1 torrent

neither connected to my files.

If what I am doing wrong is something obvious let me know I will try it. Have manually
copied the files after using lsof to find the inodes, so am asking mostly
from curiousity whether I missed something when trying your suggestion.

Regards,
Randy