[Libtorrent-devel] Configure errors with Mac OS X

Josef Drexler josef at ttdpatch.net
Tue Jan 8 19:37:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Emil Sandnabba wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying o compile rTorrent (libtorrent) on my macbook with
> OS X 10.5.1 (Leopard). Apple Dev tools are of course installed, and
> i saw this bugg report:
> http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/138
>
> See the third last answer. Everything is done, but ./configure
> fails with:
>
> checking if compiler supports __attribute__((visibility
> ("default")))... yes
> ./configure: line 22317: syntax error near unexpected token `OPENSSL,'
> ./configure: line 22317: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(OPENSSL, openssl,'

This suggests that pkg-config isn't installed, or that it installed
pkg.m4 in a place where automake cannot find it. Or maybe automake is
too old. In any case, after installing pkg-config, you'll need to re-
run autogen.sh in the libtorrent directory to rebuild the configure
script.

--
Josef Drexler
josef at ttdpatch.net