[Libtorrent-devel] Getting "please set your announce interval correctly"

Goran gkoruga at siol.net
Thu Jan 17 17:07:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:26:03 +0100 "Dan Soendergaard" <dan1990 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

> I get a consistent error on some of my torrents using rtorrent:
> "Too many announces. Please set your announce interval correctly or
> use a proper client."
>
> Is there a way to change the announce interval or whatever needs to be
> changed to resolve this issue? Google didn't turn up any usable hints.

Tracker returns announce interval and rtorrent honours it as far as I
understand things.  I also see this from time to time with this scenario:

   1. rtorrent connects to tracker to start downloading
   2. connect succeeds and anounce interval is sent back, say 1800s
   3. download continues and finishes in say 10 minutes
   4. rtorrent starts hash check, finishes it and reconnects at which point
      tracker wll return similar error as you have mentioned
   5. after that rtorrent will continue reconnecting only every 1800s so no
      more errors are returned by tracker (if you continue seeding it that
      is)

Is it the same for you?

        Goran