[Libtorrent-devel] "tie"ing torrents

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Thu May 29 15:34:47 UTC 2008

I'm slightly confused by the docs as to what "tie" does.

The man page refers to torrents being tied but does not explain the
concept.

the user guide says:

> The client may be configured to check a directory for new torrents and
> load them. Torrents loaded in this manner will be tied to the filename and
> when the file is deleted the torrent may be stopped or removed. If a
> torrent which is tied to a file is removed from the client, the file will
> be deleted.

I think that it is trying to say (my insertion in CAPS):

> The client may be configured to check a directory for new torrents and
> load them. Torrents loaded in this manner will be tied to the filename and
> when the file is deleted the torrent may be stopped or removed. If a
> torrent which is tied to a file is removed from the client, the TORRENT
> file will be deleted.

Am I correct?  The way it's written sounds like the downloaded file(s)
will be deleted.

danno
--
dan pritts