[Libtorrent-devel] Log file?

Eric G. ipsecsa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:54:04 UTC 2008

On 10/7/08, Josef Drexler <josef at ttdpatch.net> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2008, at 11:40 PM, Örjan Nordlund wrote:
>> Has there been any updates/fixes regarding libcurl and rtorrent
>> crashing?
>
> No. At the moment it looks like libcurl crashes more or less randomly
> after hundreds of announces especially (or only?) when using https
> trackers. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, and all of
> the posted backtraces were lacking symbol information, so there's
> just about nothing to go on.
>
> It seems the crashes are in the SSL code anyway. That makes it pretty
> likely that it's a bug in libcurl/libssl and not rtorrent. Unless
> it's rtorrent randomly overwriting memory, which may or may not be
> detected by valgrind.

FWIW I'm using libcurl 7.18.0 and can run rTorrent 0.8.2/0.12.2 with
200+ torrents continuously for weeks without a problem. If I change to
rTorrent 0.8.3/0.12.3 then rTorrent will stop responding to trackers
within hours... and this is while using non https trackers.

I'm not convinced the libcurl bug assumption is a correct one.