[Libtorrent-devel] Rtorrent not dereferencing symlinks?

Josef Drexler josef at ttdpatch.net
Thu Oct 9 10:37:11 UTC 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:38 PM, <crass at berlios.de> <crass at berlios.de> wrote:
> I've just tried 0.7.9 and 0.8.2 and neither follow symlinks in the
> download directory to the torrent data.  This works in 0.7.8.  Is
> there
> an option that I can set to get this functionality back?

symlinks work fine here, and the only code that checks symlinks
(make_directory in file_list.cc) hasn't changed at all in the past
months. There are no lstat() or readlink() calls anywhere else in
libtorrent/rtorrent (aside from the explicit create_link/delete_link
functions). So the problem you are experiencing (whatever it may be;
you didn't explain the problem) is likely something else and not
related to symlinks.

--
Josef Drexler
josef at ttdpatch.net