[Libtorrent-devel] Log file?
orjan at laxfiske.se
Thu Oct 9 13:29:24 UTC 2008
rTorrent 0.8.3/0.12.3 has been running stable for a week. Only change
i have made is to limit upload speed to a value that is well within
my connections capacity (which was not limited before).
Still the same amount of torrents though.
9 okt 2008 kl. 12.23 skrev Josef Drexler:
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Eric G. wrote:
>> On 10/7/08, Josef Drexler <josef at ttdpatch.net> wrote:
>>> It seems the crashes are in the SSL code anyway. That makes it
>>> likely that it's a bug in libcurl/libssl and not rtorrent. Unless
>>> it's rtorrent randomly overwriting memory, which may or may not be
>>> detected by valgrind.
>> FWIW I'm using libcurl 7.18.0 and can run rTorrent 0.8.2/0.12.2 with
>> 200+ torrents continuously for weeks without a problem. If I
>> change to
>> rTorrent 0.8.3/0.12.3 then rTorrent will stop responding to trackers
>> within hours... and this is while using non https trackers.
>> I'm not convinced the libcurl bug assumption is a correct one.
> Up to 0.8.2, rtorrent was using the old select() based interface of
> libcurl. While this interface was well tested and worked, it slowed
> down rtorrent whenever a libcurl request was active, because it meant
> rtorrent couldn't use epoll/kqueue and had to use select() too during
> that time, which is *very* inefficient with a lot of open connections.
> In 0.8.3 rtorrent switched to libcurl's new-ish socket interface
> which allows it to use epoll/kqueue for libcurl's connections too.
> So you can't assume it's a bug in rtorrent just because it works in
> 0.8.2 but doesn't work in 0.8.3, rather a bug in libcurl's socket
> interface is somewhat more likely. Perhaps switching to that
> interface was premature, but it's considered "stable" by the libcurl
> developers since 7.16.0 and has worked fine for me in all tests I did
> for several months. So it surprises me how many problems there are
> with it even in the latest libcurl version.
> And actually a reply on the libtorrent bugtracker suggests that
> upgrading libc-ares (if libcurl is compiled to use it) may help too.
> Though that shouldn't have anything to do with SSL...
> Josef Drexler
> josef at ttdpatch.net
> Libtorrent-devel mailing list
> Libtorrent-devel at rakshasa.no
More information about the Libtorrent-devel