[Libtorrent-devel] Adding SOCKS support?

Josef Drexler josef at ttdpatch.net
Sun Oct 19 22:12:34 UTC 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 8:05 PM, Simon Labrecque wrote:
>    I'd be willing to add SOCKS support to rtorrent, for peer to
> peer connections. If anyone is willing to
> help, I'd like to get some tips on where and how to hook it up in
> the pipeline,
> in order to save some time and be more effective.

Have a look at how the HTTP proxy support works, SOCKS would probably
be similar. You'll have three components:
- torrent::HandshakeManager::create_outgoing to handle the outgoing
connection via SOCKS
- torrent::ConnectionManager to handle the relevant SOCKS settings
- commands_network.cc to create commands for the settings

I don't know how incoming connections would be handled by SOCKS.

--
Josef Drexler
josef at ttdpatch.net