[Libtorrent-devel] Setting up multiple/conditional event.download.finished?

Balaji Dutt balaji.dutt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:36:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I suspect that folks may consider this question as a "generic execution
problem" which is verboten. But I've asked this question in the IRC channel
as well as a couple of forums and have had no luck so far. I hope you can
forgive me.

I'm running rtorrent 0.8.4 and based on the wiki and the XMLRPC guide I put
together the following commands for a watch directory:

schedule =
> watch_directory_1,10,10,"load_start_verbose=~/torrent_downloads/tv_shows/META/*.torrent,
> view.set_visible=view_tv_shows,
> d.set_custom1=~/torrent_downloads/tv_shows/completed/"
> system.method.set_key =
> event.download.finished,move_complete,"d.set_directory=$d.get_custom1=
> ;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom1="

I expected that this "mv,-u" command would execute only for the watched
directory torrents. Clearly, I wasn't thinking very clearly as this is a
"system.method". So, even normal torrents trigger this command. Problem with
every torrent executing this command is that many of them don't have a
"custom1" tag and the directory/file path info inside rtorrent gets messed
up, triggering error messages about "download complete, but hash check shows
incomplete files"

I'd be very grateful if someone could clarify the following -

1. Can I have more than one event.download.finished which calls mv -u but
with different parametersdepending on whether it is a watch directory
torrent or a torrent I load manually?

--
Balaji