[Libtorrent-devel] LibTorrent 0.12.5 and rTorrent 0.8.5 released
sundell.software at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:59:54 UTC 2009
* Add support for any number of custom download values identified by
d.get_custom=key (returns "" if not set)
d.get_custom_throw=key (returns error if not set)
* With this patch, rtorrent will detect and complain about .torrent
files with broken bencode representation (e.g. where the order of
dictionary keys is not lexicographic).
* Choose a different poll type using the RTORRENT_POLL env. variable
(if it's implemented), probably only useful as RTORRENT_POLL=select.
* Add the commands execute_capture and execute_capture_nothrow that
work like their other counterparts but return the OUTPUT (stdout) of
the given command.
Note that the output is not modified in any way, in particular a
trailing newline is NOT removed. To work around this, have the command
write its output without it e.g. using echo -n. Also note that with
execute_capture_nothrow there is no way to check if the command
Example usage: d.set_custom4=$execute_capture=handler.sh
* Fixes the code that detects which peer was sending bad data. Peers
are then automatically banned after sending three bad chunks.
* Stops rtorrent from always creating and resizing ALL files, even
those set to "off". Files will still be created, but with a size of
zero, until a part of them is getting downloaded. This helps with
filesystems that don't support sparse files (such as FAT, HFS+, and
* Fix inefficient piece distribution due to linear chunk request
strategy by randomizing position every few (on average 32) chunks, see
* Enable custom throttles, both per-download or per-IP. See
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/20 for info and instructions.
* Fix crashes/errors due to rtorrent attempting to pass non-utf-8
strings to xmlrpc.
=== All patches above by Josef Drexler ===
* Added support for using posix_fallocate on newly resized files.
* Include locally available chunks in the "chunks seen" statistics for
completed/distributed copies. Patch by Josef Drexler.
* Added 'd.get_bitfield' command for retrieving the bitfield in hex
format. Patch by Thomas Rosner.
* Fixed include headers for gcc-4.4.0. Patch by 'kloeri'.
This release contained mostly patches provided by other people,
particularly Josef Drexler.
The hosting and domain name bills for next year are soon due, and I'm
low on cash. So please consider donating to keep the
rtorrent/libtorrent site running:
More information about the Libtorrent-devel