[Libtorrent-devel] rtorrent build fail on 0.8.4 stable

Ryan Nauman nunyez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:18:38 UTC 2009

I've never built anything from source before.  I did a
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential rtorrent
 and tried to build once but it failed because I didn't have the ncurses dev
package (libncurses5-dev) which ./configure doesn't seem to check for.  I
then received no XMLRPC support errors and found that I guess I should be
using
$./configure --with-xmlrpc-c

Now I am getting seg faults.  I've output everything to a build log here :
http://pastebin.com/m1e396af2

I appreciate any advice anyone can give to a build-from-source-noobie. My
system is ubuntu 8.04 amd64