[Libtorrent-devel] Help--mmap takes lots of memory, how to decrease it?

Andrew Sang andrew.lovingtech.cn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:40:03 UTC 2009

dear all,
    i know libtorrent use mmap() and sync() so that it let the kernel to do
the I/O, this is a good way to decrease disk I/O. but the problem is if i
download a large file ( like 3G), it takes large memory. and the memory
seems it will not be free until the download is finished. and even i kill
the process, the used memory is still large for a  while ( the used memory
is not free as soon as i kill the process).  is there a way to decrease used
memory while downloading? i mean, maybe i could free the MemoryChunk after
the data is sync?

thanks!