[Libtorrent-devel] "Could not open file" error when starting torrent
cmc at stegosaur.us
Mon May 3 21:39:08 UTC 2010
| From: markus reichelt <ml at mareichelt.com>
| i'm on rTorrent 0.8.4/0.12.4 and am just wondering if the following
| issue has been fixed already.
I'm on 0.8.6, and I had this same problem recently. I made sure
I had enough free filespace (not even close to a problem). I
tried restarting the rtorrent instance in case it had itself in
a bad state; didn't help. I tried adding the torrent thru the
user interface instead of using a watch directory; still didn't
work. So I 'touch'ed the filename and dropped the torrent into
the watch directory; worked.
I got another new to me torrent file and dropped that one in; it
worked no problem; it was just that one torrent file. So I took
a look at the raw torrent file. What I found was that it had a
bunch of fields in it peculiar to rtorrent, as if someone had
taken a session directory "torrent" file and distributed that,
and it also had a telltale string where it claiming to be
created by one of the add-on user interfaces for rtorrent (I'm
sorry; I don't remember which one). Let me see if I can find it.
Yeah; I found it. It had this in it:
Torrent (PHP Cla
ss - Adrien Gibr
And at the end of the file is this:
You wouldn't normally see that log_callback and .lambda_1 thing
in a distributed torrent file, and there were some similarly
unusual fields prior to the info dictionary; at that point I
guessed that they had meaning to rtorrent, and that at least one
of them told rtorrent that the file should already exist, and
didn't further investigate.
Charles Clark | cmc at stegosaur.us
More information about the Libtorrent-devel