[Libtorrent-devel] I can't get a per-group ratio of >200 to stick

Charles Clark cmc at stegosaur.us
Mon May 24 23:18:10 UTC 2010

| From:     =?UTF-8?B?w4Z2YXIgQXJuZmrDtnLDsCBCamFybWFzb24=?= <avarab at gmail.com>

| > 25:# Disable the default ratio group, this will otherwise override the
| > 27:ratio.disable=
| > 28:ratio.max.set=999

You need to have the ratio.disable= line not be commented out,
as it currently is in your github link for the full file. The
ratio.max.set is not necessary and may confuse things.

| > My two custom groups. The first one works ratio-wise but the second does not:
| >
| > 30:# Ratio for muggle group
| > 32:group.muggle_group.ratio.enable=
| > 33:group.muggle_group.ratio.max.set=137
| > 35:# Ratio for powerseeding group
| > 37:group.power_group.ratio.enable=
| > 38:group.power_group.ratio.max.set=900
| > 41:# Changing the command triggered when the ratio is reached.
| > 42:system.method.set = group.seeding.ratio.command, d.close=, d.erase=

There are three ratio values, min, max, and upload. You should
set them all

min == Your ratio target.
upload == An absolute size threshold that must be crossed for
          the ratio target to be considered achieved.
max == An absolute maximum ratio target.

So if you have min = 200, upload = 10m, and max = 500, then
torrents larger than 5MB will stop at 2x, smaller than that but
larger than 2MB will stop at 10MB, and less than 2MB will stop
at 5x.

I don't know what the defaults are, but the defaults for "min"
and "upload" may be messing with you. Explicitly set them just
to be sure:

group.muggle_group.ratio.enable=
group.muggle_group.ratio.min.set=137
group.muggle_group.ratio.max.set=137
group.muggle_group.ratio.upload.set=1M

group.power_group.ratio.enable=
group.power_group.ratio.min.set=900
group.power_group.ratio.max.set=900
group.power_group.ratio.upload.set=1M

Possibly it might be more optimal to set max and upload to 0; I
haven't tried it.

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? The torrents
don't stop? Don't get removed? Or neither?

If they are stopping but not being removed, try the following
(but I have never changed the ratio command, so this might not
work or be the problem at all):

system.method.set = group.muggle_group.ratio.command, d.close=, d.erase=
system.method.set = group.power_group.ratio.command, d.close=, d.erase=

My guess is that if you disable the ratio for the default (ie
the seeding group), then setting a custom command for the
seeding group would not propagate to your new groups, so you
need to set the new command explicitly for each.

Charles Clark | cmc at stegosaur.us